Saturday, September 11, 2010

A Visitor and a new fella.....


We have a visitor here at Wrensong......Meet Annabelle, a Dexter cow, that is soon to be a resident at Three Bells Ranch.She used to be part of a petting zoo, so is used to people....




And all kinds of animals....

She's got such an easy going temperament you have to love her :)


Next I'd like to introduce Shaman.Shaman is the sweetest little buckling. He comes from Beth'El Acres and is a Pholia Farms breeding (Pholia Farm KM Copperfield x Pholia Farm RA Freya). Freya now lives at Beth'el Acres and I'd like to thank Patti for letting Shaman become part of the Wrensong family.


The problem with a friendly goat is it gets hard to get a good photo, they're always wanting to be in your lap.....Orville wasn't too pleased when I separated him from the does so he could become Shamans buddy...he is adjusting though ....It's pretty bad when you have to resort to taking pics from the other side of the gate.....
I tried to get some good shots to show how nicely this boy is put together, this is the best I could do......



I'm sure there will be many more to follow.

Here is a shot of the girls over flirting with the "new man".....

The End....:)










8 comments:

Nancy K. said...

Oh MY! Annabelle is beautiful! Her horns are rather scary though. I hope she's going to a pet home. It seems cruel to take an animal from a petting zoo and throw them in with a herd of "livestock".

Shaman is stunning! Pardon me for being stupid here but are your goats Nigerian Dwarfs? I know nothing about goats so I hope I'm not offending you. They're all beautiful! I had no idea that you have so MANY. Do you milk the does?

I know exactly what you mean about it being hard to take photos when they're climbing on your lap or sticking their face in your face... silly critter!

Ellen said...

Anabelle is cute and Shaman has marbles for eyes....right? hahah :) great pictures. I cant wait to see the kids next year!

Gone2theDawgs said...

Hi Nancy, Annabelle actually lived with a small herd of cattle and has had two babies...I think she misses her "own" kind. She will be going to live with other small cattle but they are all of the friendly persuasion. Yes, Shaman, Orville and the girls are Nigies. I only have 5 girls and 2 boys, though they are definitely like Shetlands and easy to collect.:)I hope to milk the does and make cheese...at some point.

goatgirl said...

I think I saw Annabelle on craigslist....I wanted to add her to my petting farm but fought the urge.
Nice buckling too. He goes nicely with your does and has a great pedigree. You have a good eye. And the blue-eyes are the icing on the cake.
I, too, brought home a blue-eyed buckling today. Mainly to keep Notty company because none of my wethers want to get all stinky living with him.

Eve said...

I love them all!! Can't wait to hear the stories!

IsobelleGoLightly said...

Pretty, pretty Annabelle! Your new buckling friend is adorable! He's going to have to be added to my list of honeys! Goat kisses from Isobelle!

Gone2theDawgs said...

Hi Goatgirl!
Yes, Annabelle was on Craiglist, she was a "divorce sale", sad. I'm here to tell you, as "cute" as she is I'm glad she is moving onto bigger pastures. I would NOT have even a miniature cow on my 5 acres, messy and destructive IMHO.

You and I will have to get together to show our boys. (misery loves company?) :) Orville would love it if I would find some other company for Shaman.

goatgirl said...

Ok you're on...next year we will stay up until morning showing our bucks at the only buck show close by.
Must warn you though I start getting cranky about 10 pm...just ask the goatfarmer.
That makes me feel better about Anna Belle...I hate messy cow pies. For some reason I always forget about that part.