Hi all, I was tapped two times (that I remember....I "think" there was one other time), anyway they are kinda one in the same, one was things you didn't know about me and the other was to tell more about myself.....so I'm combining them all. :)
1. I was adopted as an infant. In CA they seal the files so you can't find out anything about your birth parents other than non-identifying information. Two years ago I sent for that information (I turn 50 next month). It was interesting, my birth mother who was 16 at the time (REALLY unacceptable in the 1950s) was 1/2 French, 1/2 Norwegian, brown hair, brown eyes. My birth father was in the military, Irish and had red hair and blue eyes. The most interesting thing I found out was that she loved horses and swimming. Horses have always been a big part of my life (neither my adopted Mom or Dad had any interest in them) and I was a competitive swimmer in my youth.
2. I hated having red hair and freckles (guess which parent I got that from!) growing up, now that I actually LIKE having red hair and freckles, my freckles are starting to fade and I'm starting to see gray hair. sigh.
3. I grew up in the deserts of So. Cal. Palm Desert (13 miles out of Palm Springs) to be exact. I didn't have many friends and spent most of my time hiking in the desert with my dogs.
4. I worked at the Tamarisk Country Club as a waitress, it was one of the stops on the Bob Hope Golf Tournament and also had many stars that were members. I was lucky to meet so many of them and see how "human" they all were. One of my favorites was Zeppo Marx (Grouchos brother)he used to call my Irish and was a really funny man.
5. I was a horse wrangler for White Sun Guest Ranch, part time and then full time for most of my teenage years.
6. I learned to play the piano and guitar in my youth but could play either right now if I tried....sure wish I had kept it up.
7. I'm a night person even though I get up at 3am to go to work each day.
8. Even though I have trained dogs since I was three years old and could have titled many dogs I never had the nerve to compete....(hoping to change that with Kylie).
9. I did Search and Rescue for 6 years, first with the Horse Unit and then with the Dog Unit.
10. I took a class in Animal Communication.
11. I am wealthy in friends which I have learned is one of the best things in a persons life. I am really enjoying the blogging and meeting new friends. I was starting to be really disheartened with the human race but through blogging I am thrilled to see what wonderful people really are still out there!
12. I planned to only work at Boeing for 1 year (wanted to get a job animal related)......I have now been there 27 years.....
13. I took a 3 week Biology/Geology field trip to Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons put on by a local community college. I was 45 at the time and even though there was one other 40 something person taking the trip the majority were 17-18 year olds. Oh wait....other than the two 70 something women that also did the trip. :) They were extremely inspirational to me and made me realize you didn't have to slow down or stop learning no matter how old you got!
14. Even though I have lived in WA state for 30 years I have never really developed web feet....and hope to retire into a dryer climate.
That's probably more than ANYONE would want to know about me, but there you have it! Now I just have to figure out how to tag other bloggers! :)