Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Braceface, Metal Mouth, Tin Grin.......

Went to the Orthodontist yesterday. My dentist felt I would have trouble with my lower teeth eventually because they are not in alignment.....(wondering all this time why they didn't want to fix them when I was younger when my PARENTS had to pay for them.....). Of course, once they straighten out the bottoms then they need to straighten out the tops so they line up.

To ease what they took for my embarrassment for having to wear braces as an adult they said they had some that were clear with just a little metal hook that they glue on to the individual teeth. Then you have an almost clear wire that goes thru them. I said "heck no! I want some of those dayglo color ones like the kids have." I figure if I have to pay almost $4,000.00 out of pocket I better be showing them off with pride! :)

I will be having them "installed" in Sept and I'll try to take a before and after pic.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

I think I'd be getting a second opinion; sounds like a money-making scheme to me!

goatgirl said...

Well I had braces as a kid that my parents paid for and last time I went in the dentist wanted me to get braces again after 35 years. I said "Wait a minute I'm putting a kid through college!"

Nancy K. said...

Just visited your blog for the first time and had a grand time! You've got quite the menagerie...

I'm thinking a few HST spotted Shetlands would be JUST the thing to round out your flock...

;-)

Kristin said...

I had braces as an adult and had a big time with the brightly colored bands. I would change them for the holidays...black and orange, red and green, red and white.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Can't wait to see before and fater pics :)