Sunday, August 31, 2008

Just some random shots....


Sat down in my pasture taking pics of whomever showed up....











This is the typical shot (or closer) that I get of Claire.....'cmon give me a skritch!









The guineas had some youngsters "in tow"


I love how all my "critters" get along and can graze side by side......
















and now just some random shots of sheep and chickens.....






Rechel, the proud, Call of the Wild, Shetland....




















Janelle, the "elder" Jacob ewe.....








Aurora....















Kenleighs Pacifica......



Stonehavens Ilse........




It's unfortunate for me that Jacobs and Shetlands get along so well! :) (Bella, Gypsy and Sasha)















Until next time........

6 comments:

shadow mountain jacobs farm said...

Love those Barnevelder hens. I'm going to get some of those. I love the last picture of your three ewes
Bella, Gypsy and Sasha. It looks as if they are saying........Mom, can we move from this pose now please???

Danni said...

Awwww, you've got keets! Did you know they were going to be hatching out? Do you use your guineas for tick control or just for pets?

I love that shot of your sheep grazing next to your chicken (what kind of hen is that - the head looks like an Ameraucana but the coloring on the body is very different - she's lovely!).

Poor Janelle has quite the underbite, doesn't she? :-)

And I swear the three sheep in that last picture are all smiling at me.... :-) :-) :-)

Nancy K. said...

What fun pictures!
I used to have chickens that grazed with my sheep. The ones that I have now stay closer to the barn. Maybe Madonna's babies will be more bold...

Gone2theDawgs said...

My guineas usually surprise me with a batch of babies (or two) every summer. I used to collect them and raise them in a pen, but have found that in the end their survival rate is better if allowed to grow up and learn from their "elders". :) The hen is a Barnvelder, they lay lovely dark brown eggs.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Your photos turned out great! You were laying down in that grass for such terrific perspectives, weren't you? Cool!
That last one of the sheep trio is my favorite :)

~Lisa

KathyB. said...

Love your pictures. Sheep and chickens, some of my favorite animals. And you have Shetlands ! If we had more property I would also have Shetlands grazing along side my Jacobs. KathyB.