Saturday, December 20, 2008

Chickenheads in Leavenworth

Thanks to Joan, at Mud Ranch, I have been tagged with the "sixth photo tag". Now I will have some friends of mine that will be pooling their money for a hit man.

I have a couple of friends from Horseback Search and Rescue, and a friend of theirs who is now my friend (well at least until now....). We try to get together every year, at least once, and two years ago we got together for some frolicking in the snow at Leavenworth. We rented a cabin, went on a sleigh ride, danced the chicken dance.....and to make sure they were prepared for that bit of fun, I brought chicken hats for everyone as well as a recording of the chicken dance music so we could practice.

Well, my friends are nothing if not good sports and sporting their lovely chicken hats we took Leavenworth by storm. The pic that was my 6th/6th is one where I asked them to stand by the back of a motorhome and look confused as to where they were and where they were going......here it is......my friends, Tara and Erika.....



Seeing as I am in trouble with just revealing that one, I might as well really "get their goat"....or "chicken" as it might be :)

I think this guy with the carriage was just glad that she didn't want a ride.....

This is Sandra and Tara shopping in one of the many fine stores in Leavenworth....


Here are Tara and Erika preparing for a delicious meal......



One thing you may notice is there are no pics of me in MY chicken hat. Well, I didn't get away from that weekend unscathed. Erika managed to get a vid of me dancing the chicken dance with my chicken hat on in the middle of town.....and post it on Youtube. Fortunately I don't know how to retrieve that or I might feel that in all fairness I would have to post it as well. Whew. :)


Now as far as tagging others, I know a few people have already had this tag, or just don't like tags at all....though this one is kind of fun.....if you would like to play along: Go into your photo archives and pick your 6th file and then the 6th photo in that file and tell us about it.

11 comments:

Amy said...

I only have one question: Where do I get one?

Anonymous said...

Ha ha ha! Thanks Tammy, yours was a great 6th/6th! :D

Reddunappy said...

LOL the hats are great, good memories huh?

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Those hats are great! The dangling legs, though, are just a bit weird. But I'd wear one!

Ya know, I tried to find that You Tube video. I spent about 30 minutes looking! Do you know that there are over 14,000 videos of people doing the Chicken Dance?? Gah!!
Have folks lost their chicken picking minds? lol!

After all that crazy mind-blowing chicken dance video watching, I did find one video that spoke to me....

Chicken Dance Video

lol!!
Thanks for the laughs tonight.
~Lisa
New Mexico

Gone2theDawgs said...

Hi Amy, I found it online...don't remember exactly where...

Lisa....more skeletons come out of my closet...I have a chicken just like that chicken that you found dancing in the video ....:)

Christy said...

Looks like a fun day.

Lodahl Art Works said...

Now I know where the term "egghead" comes from!!
How much fun you have Tammy, and I really enjoy your sense of humor.

You keep up the photography, Boeing will need a new inspector... And look at the less stress level.

Anonymous said...

Please post the link to the youtube chicken dance! I looked and looked and didn't find one with you in it, but had a blast watching the ones I found.

Joanna@BooneDocksWilcox said...

I want chicken hat.

Eve said...

I think I'd rather just search you tube for the chicken dance!! hahahaha!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

TAMMY!!! TAMMY!!! I am totally freaking out!!!

I feel like a sleuth or P.I right about now, too!

After spending time with my friends and their Icelandic I decided that I wanted to research the Fjord horses, and then decided I'd like to find one....to buy.

So I did a search and found ISLA on a Fjord Classified site...and then found her videos of ISLA on a You Tube video.....

And then while watching those two videos....I saw THE CHICKEN DANCE in LEAVENWORTH video!!! AND I recognized the video from your blog!
So I came back here just to make sure...AND realized that the Erika I had e-mailed about her Fjord...is your friend!!

How cool is THAT?!

What a small world!

Now I'm trying to figure out how to have a look at ISLA...gather up the money and then drive her all the way back to New Mexico. gah!!

Is this crazy or what? lol!!!!

~Lisa